Lael Gray is the Executive Director of the Asheville Jewish Community Center where she began working in 2003 as the Early Childhood Director. Lael served on the Board of Directors for Smart Start of Buncombe County for six years, and continues to advocate for young children as a First 2000 Days Champion. “What happens in the first five years of a child’s life builds the brain and also ultimately impacts our entire community. Let’s do whatever we can to ensure that all children, wherever they spend their early years, get the highest quality experiences and care,” she said.
Meet a 2,000 Days Champion
- Julius H. CorpeningWilmington5th Judicial District Court
- Judge Louis A. Trosch, Jr.CharlotteJuvenile Court
- Pastor James King, Jr.MayodanJesus Deliverance
- Samantha DooiesWilmingtonNew Hanover / Pender District Attorney's Office
- Pat KahleUnion CountyUnion County Chamber of Commerce - President