Dr. Plata-Potter is an Assistant Professor of Early Childhood Education at the University of Mount Olive in New Bern, North Carolina. She is currently the President of the Craven Smart Start Board of Directors and has conducted research with Latino families, including children ages birth to preschool. “Parents hope and dream that their child’s future will be brighter than their own, so the first 2000 days message is very important,” said Dr. Plata-Potter.
Meet a 2,000 Days Champion
- Kate DanielsGoldsboroWayne County Chamber of Commerce
- Shannon NewsomeReidsvilleReidsville Christian Church
- Clifford BarnettWilmingtonWarner Temple AME Zion
- Judge Louis A. Trosch, Jr.CharlotteJuvenile Court
- Julius H. CorpeningWilmington5th Judicial District Court