Dr. Plata-Potter is an Assistant Professor of Early Childhood Education at the University of Mount Olive in New Bern, North Carolina. She is currently the President of the Craven Smart Start Board of Directors and has conducted research with Latino families, including children ages birth to preschool. “Parents hope and dream that their child’s future will be brighter than their own, so the first 2000 days message is very important,” said Dr. Plata-Potter.
Meet a 2,000 Days Champion
Dale Jenkins is the Chief Executive Officer of Medical Mutual Holdings, Inc. of which the flagship company is Medical Mutual Insurance Company of North Carolina. This physician owned company specializes in writing medical liability insurance for healthcare professionals. When Jenkins … Continue readingView All Champions>>
- Samantha DooiesWilmingtonNew Hanover / Pender District Attorney's Office
- Steve BrewingtonHolly SpringsHolly Springs Police Department
- Nicole AtkinsonCharlotteYouth and Famiily Services
- George SawyerNew BernSawyer's Lawn Care
- Kate DanielsGoldsboroWayne County Chamber of Commerce