Dr. Plata-Potter is an Assistant Professor of Early Childhood Education at the University of Mount Olive in New Bern, North Carolina. She is currently the President of the Craven Smart Start Board of Directors and has conducted research with Latino families, including children ages birth to preschool. “Parents hope and dream that their child’s future will be brighter than their own, so the first 2000 days message is very important,” said Dr. Plata-Potter.
Meet a 2,000 Days Champion
Lavern Weathers is a Community Social Worker at the Mecklenburg County Department of Social Services. Lavern believes the first 2000 days of a child’s life is important because “without a doubt there is greatness in every child, and to tap into … Continue readingView All Champions>>
- Samantha DooiesWilmingtonNew Hanover / Pender District Attorney's Office
- Steve BrewingtonHolly SpringsHolly Springs Police Department
- Clifford BarnettWilmingtonWarner Temple AME Zion
- Pastor James King, Jr.MayodanJesus Deliverance
- George SawyerNew BernSawyer's Lawn Care