Lael Gray is the Executive Director of the Asheville Jewish Community Center where she began working in 2003 as the Early Childhood Director. Lael served on the Board of Directors for Smart Start of Buncombe County for six years, and continues to advocate for young children as a First 2000 Days Champion. “What happens in the first five years of a child’s life builds the brain and also ultimately impacts our entire community. Let’s do whatever we can to ensure that all children, wherever they spend their early years, get the highest quality experiences and care,” she said.
Meet a 2,000 Days Champion
Jim Goodnight is the CEO of SAS, the world’s leading business analytics software vendor. As a champion of education reform, Goodnight is leading some of North Carolina’s most prominent CEOs in spearheading policy solutions that will help develop a workforce … Continue readingView All Champions>>
- Kate DanielsGoldsboroWayne County Chamber of Commerce
- Steve BrewingtonHolly SpringsHolly Springs Police Department
- Wayne JohnsonEdenTrinity Wesleyan
- George SawyerNew BernSawyer's Lawn Care
- Shannon NewsomeReidsvilleReidsville Christian Church