Lael Gray is the Executive Director of the Asheville Jewish Community Center where she began working in 2003 as the Early Childhood Director. Lael served on the Board of Directors for Smart Start of Buncombe County for six years, and continues to advocate for young children as a First 2000 Days Champion. “What happens in the first five years of a child’s life builds the brain and also ultimately impacts our entire community. Let’s do whatever we can to ensure that all children, wherever they spend their early years, get the highest quality experiences and care,” she said.
Meet a 2,000 Days Champion
Buncombe County Sheriff Van Duncan was born in Spruce Pine, NC. He holds degrees from Western Carolina University and North Carolina State University. Sheriff Duncan has worked in law enforcement since 1986 as a Patrolman, Patrol Sergeant, Patrol Lieutenant and … Continue readingView All Champions>>
- Judge Louis A. Trosch, Jr.CharlotteJuvenile Court
- Nicole AtkinsonCharlotteYouth and Famiily Services
- Shannon NewsomeReidsvilleReidsville Christian Church
- George SawyerNew BernSawyer's Lawn Care
- Pat KahleUnion CountyUnion County Chamber of Commerce - President