Business Group Calls for More Spending on Early Learning by Corporations
The report calls on CEOs to bring their leadership tothe unfinished business of ensuring opportunity for every child. CEOs can, for example:
- Use theirpower and influence to keep early childhood at the forefront of all decisions at the community, state and national levels.
- Ask elected officials to support significant increased investment in early childhood.
- Voice support of the above agenda with peers, at public events, and through the media.
- Invest at least 1 percent of corporate earnings in public/private partnerships that support early childhood in their community or state.
- Make your company policies more family-friendly and educate employees about the importance of early childhood.